Second Time Reads



Sometimes you have to read a book more than once to really get it. Admittedly I've read some books I will never really "get" even after numerous attempts. I remember the first time I read LOTR. It was ok. Just ok. What was the big deal? I just didn't get why half the world flipped out over these books, or should I say, this book, as it was originally written as one book. 

In the end, I read it again and oh how glad I am that I bothered. I got it! In fact, I fell in love with it, even to the point of finding myself reading it out loud to myself with expression and emotion. (There is a difference.) The characters became "real" to me and I couldn't wait to pick up the books every day and immerse myself in their world. So if you don’t get it, read it again.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artemis Fowl - Middle-Grade Novels

Bargain Booksy

Mandalorian